Millions Face Hunger
Every Day in America
It is estimated that over 50 million people in the U.S., including one in four children, will experience food insecurity this year. Hunger can affect people from all walks of life. The Second Step Foundation is committed to helping reduce the number of hungry people in the 27 communities served by the employees at branches of Interstate Companies, Inc.
- 17 million children faced hunger in 2020
- The pandemic intensified food insecurity
No matter how difficult the times, nobody in America should be hungry. We commit ourselves to assist and support local food shelters and similar charities that help feed people in each city where Interstate Companies, Inc. has a branch operation. The ongoing success of Interstate Companies will fuel this initiative and other charitable efforts to serve the communities that help sustain us.
We have a great appreciation for the struggles people face around the world, but particularly in the local communities we serve. As we primarily focus our efforts on feeding the hungry, we will work together with humility, love, and respect for one another. We realize that we have much to learn. Fresh insights and discoveries may bring us to new and different places. Still, the heart – the very core of what we do – will remain the same: to make a difference by collaborating with community organizations that not only provide assistance but also empower people to address problems at their source.
- We collaborate with our neighbors and the charities we support.
- We encourage each other to speak openly and honestly.
- We listen without judgment.
- We educate ourselves on how to best meet community needs.
- We inspire each other to find solutions.
- We believe successful businesses give back to their communities.
- We are at our best when we are together and having fun.